Implement Google Analytics 4 (GA4) WooCommerce eCommerce Tracking without Plugin using Google Tag Manager
WooCommerce GA4 ecommerce tracking without a plugin with a data layer using Google Tag Manager (GTM) refers to a method of implementing ecommerce tracking for a WooCommerce website using Google Analytics (GA) 4 and GTM, without relying on a WooCommerce plugin for tracking. Instead, a data layer is used to send transaction data from the WooCommerce website to GA4 through GTM.
GTM is used to manage the tracking tags and triggers that are used to send the transaction data to GA4. With GTM, you can easily set up and manage the ecommerce tracking for your WooCommerce website, without having to make changes to the website’s code.
To implement ecommerce tracking in Google Analytics (GA) 4 for a WooCommerce website without using a plugin, you can use Google Tag Manager (GTM) and a data layer to set up ecommerce tracking. Here’s how you can do it:
- Set up a GTM account: If you don’t already have a GTM account, you’ll need to create one.
2. Create a GTM container: In the GTM account, create a container for your WooCommerce website. This container will hold all of the tracking tags, triggers, and variables for your website.
3. Add the GTM code to your website: Next, add the GTM code to your WooCommerce website. This code should be added to every page of your website, typically in the header section.
5. Create a trigger in GTM: In GTM, create a trigger that fires when a customer completes a purchase on your WooCommerce website. This trigger should be set to fire on the Thank You page that is displayed after a purchase is completed.
7. Create a GA4 tag in GTM: In GTM, create a GA4 tag for ecommerce tracking. This tag should be set to fire when the trigger you created in the previous step is triggered. The tag should use the information in the data layer to populate the transaction details in GA4.
In conclusion, using GA4 ecommerce tracking with a data layer and GTM can provide a more accurate, efficient, and customizable tracking solution for your WooCommerce website.
Disclaimer: Google tag manager belongs to Google property
For Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am available for Hire on Freelancer: Freelancer.com
I am available for Hire on Upwork: Upwork.com
I am available for Hire on Peopleperhour: Peopleperhour.com
I am available for Hire on Guru: Guru.com