Migrating from Universal Analytics (UA) to Google Analytics 4 (GA4) can be a complex process, so it’s important to have a plan in place to ensure a smooth transition. Here is a checklist of items to consider when migrating to GA4:
Setting up advanced conversions in Google Analytics 4 (GA4) involves creating custom conversion events and configuring them to match your business goals. Here are some general steps for setting up advanced conversions in GA4:
- Review your current UA tracking setup: Review your current UA tracking code and data collection methods to ensure that they are accurate and complete.
- Create a new GA4 property: Create a new GA4 property in your Google Analytics account and configure the property settings according to your needs.
- Implement the GA4 tracking code: Replace the existing UA tracking code with the GA4 tracking code on your website.
- Import historical data: Import historical data from your UA property to your GA4 property to keep your historical data in the new GA4 property.
- Configure your GA4 property: Configure your GA4 property with the same views and filters that you have in your UA property.
- Test the GA4 tracking code and data: Test your GA4 tracking code and data to ensure that it is collecting data correctly.
- Monitor your GA4 data: Monitor your GA4 data for a few weeks to ensure that it is accurate and complete.
- Update any custom code: Update any custom code that uses the UA tracking code to use the GA4 tracking code.
- Update any integrations: Update any integrations that use the UA tracking code to use the GA4 tracking code.
- Delete your UA property: Once you have confirmed that your GA4 data is accurate and complete, you can then delete your UA property and rely on GA4 for your website analytics.
- Set up goals in your GA4 property for the custom conversion events you’ve created.
- Analyze your custom conversion data to gain insights into the performance of your website and identify areas for improvement.
- Optimize your website and marketing strategies based on the insights gained from your custom conversion data.
Disclaimer: Google tag manager belongs to Google property
For Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am available for Hire on Freelancer: Freelancer.com
I am available for Hire on Upwork: Upwork.com
I am available for Hire on Peopleperhour: Peopleperhour.com
I am available for Hire on Guru: Guru.com