Tracking BigCommerce with Google Analytics 4 (GA4) eCommerce Tracking using Google Tag Manager
To track purchase data with GA4 in BigCommerce, you can populate the dataLayer with purchase information such as product IDs, names, prices, and quantities, and then trigger a purchase event using the event key. The ecommerce object can then be used to include detailed information about the purchase, such as the revenue, tax, shipping, and coupon code.
With GA4 Purchase Data Layer Tracking, you can gain valuable insights into your customers’ purchase behavior and use that information to optimize your store and marketing campaigns for better performance and increased revenue.
To track custom purchase data with GA4 in BigCommerce using Google Tag Manager, you can use the dataLayer.push method to send custom events and parameters to Google Analytics. Here are the steps:
- Set up a GA4 property in your Google Analytics account and get the measurement ID.
2. In Google Tag Manager, create a new tag and select the GA4 Configuration tag type. Set the measurement ID and other options as needed.
3. In BigCommerce, go to Storefront > Script Manager and create a new script.
4. In the same tag, create a new GA4 Event tag and configure it to fire on the “purchase” event.
5. In the same tag, add a new field under the “Parameters” section and set the field name to “transaction_id”. Set the value to a variable that captures the order ID, such as “ecommerce.purchase.actionField.id”.
6. Add additional fields as needed to capture other purchase data, such as “value” and “currency”. Set the values to variables that capture the corresponding data from the ecommerce purchase dataLayer.
7. Save and publish your tag.
Note that you’ll need to have the ecommerce dataLayer populated with purchase data in order for the GA4 Event tag to fire properly
Disclaimer: Google tag manager belongs to Google property
For Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am available for Hire on Freelancer: Freelancer.com
I am available for Hire on Upwork: Upwork.com
I am available for Hire on Peopleperhour: Peopleperhour.com
I am available for Hire on Guru: Guru.com