Klaviyo is an email marketing platform that enables businesses to send personalized, targeted emails to their customers. To do this effectively, Klaviyo offers onsite tracking, which involves tracking customers’ behavior on the business’s website. Google Tag Manager is a tool that simplifies the process of implementing tracking codes on a website.
Here are the steps to integrate Klaviyo onsite tracking using Google Tag Manager:
Step 1: Set up Klaviyo Website Tracking
To start, you need to set up Klaviyo website tracking. This involves creating an account on Klaviyo and installing a tracking code on your website.
Here are the steps to do this:
- Create a Klaviyo account: First, create an account on Klaviyo by going to https://www.klaviyo.com/ and clicking on “Get Started for Free.”
- Set up website tracking: Once you’re logged into your Klaviyo account, navigate to the “Tracking” section and select “Setup Web Tracking.”
- Install the Klaviyo tracking code: Follow the instructions provided by Klaviyo to install the tracking code on your website. You’ll need to add the tracking code to the header of your website so that it loads on every page.
- Verify installation: Once you’ve installed the tracking code, go back to Klaviyo and click on “Verify Installation.” Klaviyo will check if the code is installed correctly.
Step 2: Set up Google Tag Manager
Next, you need to set up a Google Tag Manager account. Google Tag Manager is a free tool that enables you to add and manage tracking tags on your website without having to edit your website’s code.
Here are the steps to set up a Google Tag Manager account:
- Create a Google Tag Manager account: Go to https://tagmanager.google.com/ and click on “Create Account.”
- Set up a container: Once you’ve created your account, you need to set up a container. A container is a place to store your tracking tags. Click on “Create Container” and follow the prompts to set up your container.
- Add the Google Tag Manager code to your website: To use Google Tag Manager, you need to add a code snippet to your website’s header. Google Tag Manager will provide you with the code snippet once you’ve set up your container.
- Verify installation: After you’ve added the code snippet to your website’s header, go back to Google Tag Manager and click on “Verify Installation.” Google Tag Manager will check if the code is installed correctly.
Step 3: Install Klaviyo Tracking Code in Google Tag Manager
Once you’ve set up Klaviyo website tracking and Google Tag Manager, the next step is to install the Klaviyo tracking code in Google Tag Manager. This allows you to track your customers’ behavior on your website and send more targeted emails.
Here are the steps to install the Klaviyo tracking code in Google Tag Manager:
- Create a new tag: In Google Tag Manager, click on “Tags” and then “New.”
- Select “Custom HTML” tag type: Choose “Custom HTML” as the tag type.
- Copy and paste the Klaviyo tracking code: Go back to your Klaviyo account and copy the tracking code that you installed earlier. Paste the code into the “Custom HTML” box in Google Tag Manager.
- Save the tag: Save the tag by clicking on “Save” in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Step 4: Create a Trigger in
Disclaimer: Google tag manager belongs to Google property
For Contact: email@example.com
I am available for Hire on Freelancer: Freelancer.com
I am available for Hire on Upwork: Upwork.com
I am available for Hire on Peopleperhour: Peopleperhour.com
I am available for Hire on Guru: Guru.com