Calendly is a popular scheduling tool used by individuals and businesses to schedule appointments and meetings with their clients and teams. On the other hand, Google Analytics 4 (GA4) is the latest version of the Google Analytics platform that provides advanced analytics and reporting capabilities to help you understand your website and app users better. Connecting Calendly to GA4 will allow you to track and analyze important metrics related to your appointments and meetings, such as conversion rates, source of traffic, and more.
Here is a detailed guide on how to connect Calendly to Google Analytics 4
Step 1: Create a Google Analytics 4 Property
The first step in connecting Calendly to GA4 is to create a GA4 property in your Google Analytics account. Here is how you can create a GA4 property:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account and click on the “Admin” button in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- In the “Property” column, click on the drop-down menu and select “Create Property.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a new GA4 property.
Once you have created your GA4 property, you will be directed to the Property settings page, where you can access your GA4 Measurement ID.
Step 2: Get your GA4 Measurement ID
Your GA4 Measurement ID is a unique identifier that you need to connect Calendly to GA4. To get your GA4 Measurement ID, follow these steps:
- In your GA4 property, click on the “Data Streams” tab.
- Click on the name of the data stream that you want to use to track Calendly.
- Under “Measurement ID,” copy the ID that appears.
Step 3: Connect Calendly to GA4
Once you have your GA4 Measurement ID, you can connect Calendly to GA4. Here is how you can do it:
- Log in to your Calendly account.
- Click on the “Integrations” tab in the top menu bar.
- In the “Google Analytics” section, click on the “Connect” button.
- Enter your Google Analytics Measurement ID and click “Connect.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection process.
- Once the connection is complete, all Calendly events will be sent to your GA4 property.
Step 4: Set up Event Tracking in GA4
To track Calendly events accurately, you need to set up event tracking in GA4. Here is how you can do it:
- In your GA4 property, click on the “Events” tab.
- Click on the “Create Event” button.
- Enter a name for your event, such as “Appointment Booked.”
- Under “Parameters,” select the parameters you want to track, such as “Event Label” and “Event Value.”
- Click “Save” to create the event.
Note: The parameters you select will determine the data that is sent to GA4. Therefore, it is essential to select parameters that align with your goals and objectives.
Step 5: Add Event Tracking to Calendly
Now that you have set up event tracking in GA4, you need to add the event tracking code to Calendly. Here is how you can do it:
- In your Calendly account, click on the “Integrations” tab in the top menu bar.
- In the “Google Analytics” section, click on the “Settings” button.
- Under “Event Tracking,” select the event that you want to track, such as “Appointment Booked.”
- Enter the event tracking code for the selected event.
- Click “Save” to save
Disclaimer: Google tag manager belongs to Google property
For Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am available for Hire on Freelancer: Freelancer.com
I am available for Hire on Upwork: Upwork.com
I am available for Hire on Peopleperhour: Peopleperhour.com
I am available for Hire on Guru: Guru.com